|Posted on January 17, 2018 at 6:10 PM|
How can you help your child succeed in the classroom?
- Making sure your child attends class every day he/she is healthy.
- Giving your child a sense of pride in his/her schoolwork.
- Reading many stories and poems to your child.
- Seeing that your child practices good eating habits.
- Seeing that your child gets enough sleep.
- Taking time to listen, to encourage, and to show an interest in the things your child does at school.
- Helping your child to help himself/herself whenever possible.
- Letting the school know where you can be contacted in case of an emergency.
- Teaching your child to dress properly (tie shoe laces, fasten buckles, button and zipper clothing).
- Notifying the school of any change of daily routine (a different destination after school, someone different to pick your child up, etc.).
- Enriching your childs vocabulary by reading to him/her, by taking him/her to a library, and by daily conversation.